четвер, 29 січня 2015 р.

How to Be Polite

Can you wait a moment, please?
Could you wait a moment, please?
Would you please be quiet?
(in a shop) Can I have these postcards, please?
     Can I get these postcards, please?
                 May I have these postcards, please? 
(during a meal) Could I have the salt, please?
Could I use your phone? – Sure.
May I come in? – Yes, please do.
Is it all right if I come in? – Yes, of course.
Is it OK if I close the window?
Do you think you could turn the music down?
Could you turn the volume up?
Could you turn the volume down?
Can you turn the music up a little bit, please?
Would you mind if I turned the volume down? (I will turn the volume down)
Would you mind turning the volume down? (I want you to turn the volume down)
Could I leave work a bit earlier today? I've got a doctor's appointment at 5.
Can I get you a cup of coffee? – That would be nice.
Can I help you? – No, it’s all right. I can manage.
Can I give you a lift?
Would you like to sit down?
Would you like a cup of coffee? – Yes, please.
Would you like to eat with us tonight? – I’d love to.
Would you like something to eat? – No, thank you. I’ve just eaten.
Would you like to join us on Saturday? We're having a barbecue in the garden.
I’d like some information about hotels, please.
I’d like to try on this jacket, please.







Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар